Intravenous therapy or IV therapy is the infusion of liquid substances directly into a vein. These types of infusions are commonly referred to as drips. The intravenous route is the fastest way to deliver fluids and medications throughout the body. Intravenous therapy may be used for fluid administration to correct electrolyte imbalances, to deliver medications and for blood transfusions.
- High-dose IV Vitamin C
- Myers’ Cocktail (Cold/Flu)
- IV Magnesium Therapy
- Multivitamin and Mineral 1
- Tissue and Wound Healing
- Migraine Formula
- Anti-Viral Plus
- Immune Support
- Multivitamin and Mineral 2
- Glutathione Therapy
- Trace Mineral
Benefits of IV Therapy
- 100% absorption into the blood stream: Delivering hydration & vitamins via the intravenous routes means there is 100% absorption of these essential elements.
- Rehydration: IV therapy is the fastest way to potentially restore optimum hydration, stimulate and support the immune system.
- Replenishes vitamins: The human body works best when it has a healthy balance of essential vitamins and is hydrated.
- Fast effects: Due to the fact we are delivering hydration and vitamins via the blood stream, the onset of effect is usually very fast.
- Fast delivery: IV treatments can be administered between 30 minutes and 45 minutes, while you relax in our comfortable environment.
- Increases Wellbeing: Rehydrating the body and vitamin input is beneficial in improving the body’s energy levels.
How does it work?
Question: Who oversees my IV vitamin therapy?
Answer: Your treatment is designed and directly supervised by Dr. Moreau
Question: Where do I actually have my IV vitamin therapy?
Answer: Our IV treatment room is very comfortable and relaxing. You will be sitting in a massage chair relaxing to the sound of waves in the ocean or birds singing. Many of our patients read a book, listen to music, or catch up using their laptops while they have their IV nutrient therapy session!
Question: Does it hurt?
Answer: Because of Dr. Moreau’s expertise, there is only a tiny pinprick sensation when entering the vein. Most patients say they hardly even notice it.
Question: How long will my IV nutrient therapy take?
Answer: It varies. Depending on your specific treatment, your may have a quick “IV push,” which takes just a few minutes, or a longer-lasting IV drip, which may take 15-90 minutes.
Question: Will my insurance cover treatment?
Answer: In some cases, insurance does cover these treatments; however, there are certain treatments that may not be reimbursed if your particular insurer does not agree they are medically necessary. You are responsible for all payments in either case.
Question: How many treatments of IV vitamin therapy will I need?
Answer: Every case is different. It all depends on your particular condition and your individual response to treatment. Chronic diseases often require chronic treatment. However, many of our patients report feeling symptomatic relief, more energy, and an overall sense of well-being after just one session of intravenous vitamin therapy!